♦ Fully escorted ♦ Visit a produce market, small goods producer and more ♦ Farm tour ♦ Non-alcoholic refreshments ♦ Food and wine tasting ♦
Are you a Fork’n Foodie? Nothing wrong with that! Discover why locals love South West Sydney soooo much on our Fork’n Foodies tour. While indulging in various farm-to-fork delights, you will also be guided on a journey of the region’s food history, the stories behind the area and the places you’ll visit, as well as learn first-hand from both your host and the farmers why the South West is such a delicious foodie destination.
Food isn’t just something you eat at restaurants, bars and cafes. Food is also the good stuff produced by local farmers and artisans, sold at markets or on-site, direct from the source. On this tour you’ll experience some great places that best represent different facets of the region’s farm-to-fork food scene, with plenty to see and learn along the way. The farm-to-fork, paddock-to-plate, or fork-to-plate movement may have different names, but all form a part of the resurgence towards wanting to know where our food comes from. Sydney’s greater South West is one of the state’s best regions to experience this with farming land dotted throughout the Macarthur and Wollondilly regions coupled with a strong desire for organic.
Enjoy food and wine samples only available to our guests.
Join one of our small group tours that operate on Saturdays, designed to take in the best that the Macarthur region has to offer. From hidden cafes and local organic farms to boutique markets…this tour has it all for the discerning foodie! Even locals will go to places they didn’t know were in their backyard.
We meet in Camden at our first stop at 8.30am and return around 4pm.
In 2023 we will offer private tours during the year, and 2 Christmas tours in November. Please contact us for a quote. Minimum numbers apply for tour to operate.
Christmas Tour dates:
Calendar & Prices
What's included on the tour?
- Welcome pack including Discover South West market shopping bag
- Visit a local fresh produce market
- Local produce samples of food and wine, honey, and more
- Visits to a farm, small goods producer and more
- Transport to all stops (meet at our first stop, advised on booking)
- Local tour host to lead and drive the group
- Bottled water throughout the day
Questions & Answers
Is the tour fully escorted?
Yes it is. Transport is included from our first stop in Camden, and you will be returned to the same stop at the end of the day. If you are coming from further away we can meet you at a local train station, or other mutually agreeable point. Contact us to discuss this further.
Is there a booking and cancellation policy?
Yes there is. In short, the terms and conditions are:
- Full payment is required at the time of booking
- Bookings are non-refundable
- Date changes may be possible (if available) with 48 hours notice
- Gift certificates are non-refundable or redeemable for cash
- Tours may not operate if minimum numbers are not met*
- Tours may not operate in extreme weather conditions*
* Alternative dates will be offered on a space available basis, or a new date may be added