1 night hotel stay ♦ Camden Produce Markets ♦ Hot Air Ballooning ♦ Historic Walking Tour ♦ Iconic Camden Dinner ♦ Optional Cheese Making Class
This tour option combines the best of some of the things to do in Camden. This is a self-drive tour*and includes 1 night deluxe accommodation at the historic Camden Valley Inn.
Your overnight night escape follows our self-drive itinerary on Saturday, and then you will stay on with us for dinner on Saturday night, before experiencing hot air ballooning Sunday morning. You’ll also have the option to add on a cheese making class on your way home. You will see the town come alive on this tour as well as meeting the growers, the chefs and the winemakers in the region.
You’ll visit the Camden Fresh Produce Market, which is held each week on Camden Town Farm. It’s the only genuine farmers market in NSW operating on a working farm. Every Saturday morning, up to 30 stall holders gather on the flood plains selling everything from artisan breads, cakes and cheeses, to olive oils, open-range meats and organic produce.
Next, head off on a walking tour that includes the unique properties in the town centre including the Alan Baker Art Gallery, which is situated a historic Victorian Gentleman’s Townhouse. Known as ‘Macaria’, it showcases the work of the renowned local Australian artist, Alan Baker. During your tour you will stop at Macarthur Park for a gourmet picnic lunch. The park opened in 1906 and was part of John Macarthur’s last grant, called ‘North Camden’.
Your night continues at one of Camden’s favourite restaurants…if not THE favourite! Here you’ll enjoy a fine dining experience before heading back to your hotel for a good night’s sleep before your early Sunday start. You’ll take in the picturesque landscape and rise with the sun with your hot air ballooning adventure. Gourmet breakfast is included afterwards back at your hotel.
Still not ready to leave? (we don’t blame you) Add the optional cheese making class on your way back home or contact us for other great ideas.
Our tours offer a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in all things Camden and experience the charm of the country. Like us, you’ll soon Love Local Camden.
* fully escorted private tours are also available
Calendar & Prices
- 1 Hour (approx) Sunrise Balloon Flight
- Delicious Breakfast at Camden Valley Inn following the flight
- Able to reschedule in the event of cancellation due to poor weather conditions
- Book a date now – Valid for 12 months in event of weather cancellation
- Children’s Flight option available (children need to be aged 7 – 12 years & weigh less that 50kgs). Cost $235pp
Booking and cancellation policy:
In short, the terms and conditions are:
- Your ballooning flight is non-refundable
- Full payment required at time of booking
- The duration or cancellation of flights is at the sole discretion of the pilot
- If a flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, it may be rebooked on a space available basis